Key updates on the Fuel Pass System. According to Kanchana Wijesekera, Minister of Energy, drivers who are unable to register for the National Fuel Pass using their chassis number will be able to do so starting on Friday.
In relation to the National Fuel Pass scheme, he tweeted of the alternate registration process.
The Minister further mentioned that different fuel stations will be designated for motorbikes and three-wheelers according to their registration.
Following are the major updates on the Fuel Pass System:
- Before July 31st, all three-wheel users are urged to register their vehicles at the local Police Station and designate one fueling location.
- Three-wheelers will only be permitted to purchase fuel from their registered fuel station beginning August 1.
- Starting Friday, July 29, users of vehicles who are unable to register with their chassis number will be allowed to register using their revenue license.
- In order to receive their licenses and sign up for the National Fuel Pass, riders of 49CC bikes must register with the Department of Motor Traffic.
- All users of garden equipment, generators, and other fuel-dependent machinery have been asked to register in their respective Divisional Secretariats with their weekly fuel needs and to designate 1 fuel station to fulfill those needs.