28 C
Colombo

The Minister of Energy informs the CPC and CPSTL unions of the Cabinet’s decision

Published:

The Minister of Energy informs the CPC and CPSTL unions of the Cabinet’s decision. Kanchana Wijesekera, the Minister of Power and Energy, spoke with union reps from Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) and Ceylon Petroleum Storage Terminals Limited today (CPSTL) in order to brief them on the July/August freight plan and the Cabinet proposal that was adopted last Monday (June 27).

The request made by the Minister of Power and Energy to enter into official, long-term agreements with a number of corporations allowing them to import, distribute, and market fuel to Sri Lanka was accepted by the Cabinet of Ministers on Monday.

Around 90% of the nation’s fuel supply is provided by the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation, and the Lanka Indian Oil Company provides the other 10%. (LIOC).

The administration claims that the current foreign exchange crisis in Sri Lanka has made it difficult to maintain a steady supply of fuel to the nation.

Related articles

Recent articles